The Children's Inn at NIH deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with The Children's Inn, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to The Inn or fulfilling purchase orders of Children's Inn merchandise.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in The Inn's database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our donor database. Please contact Lucy Merkley at email@example.com or 301-451-9455 if you would like us to update, correct or remove your personal information.